Thursday 3 January 2013

WOYWW 187

I know I'm a WOYWW-day late, but hey! I'm still wishing Happy New Year to one and all - I missed Christmas-fun-ness because I had the flu, boo!, but I'm going to make up for it now we're in 2013 :0)

And what better way to start than by sharing with you fellow nosy-desk-hoppers (courtesy of fab host Julia at Stamping Ground ) the actual, rather inactive (!) state of my desk right now...

Some Christmas gift clutter, as you can see!

On the right, is a pile of craft-stash pressies from my fab friend Zoe, and on the left is her handcrafted gift made up of art-parts and sewing motifs (good work, girl!). In the spirit of actual writing (other than typing this post, obviously!), there's a printer cartridge funded by my uncle's Christmas money (as a writer, there's nothing worse than running out of ink when you need to print-and-edit something...except getting to the shop and finding they're out of stock! - so I always keep a spare to hand).
 
Then there's an Aufrey Hepburn calendar from my fab friend Sarah, which I need to feed raffia through so I can hang it up in my Scriptorium (or writing room, if I'm slumming it with the terms!), and keep track of my writing/creativity (I did this last year, and it's rewarding to look back on each month and see what work/hours I've achieved on various projects).

And finally, also to inspire me to get on with something creative, is a 'Follow Your Dreams' plaque from my lovely friend Bev and her gift tag, which I want to affix to the back to cherish the memory of her belief in me.

So, I will sort, tidy and glue...but first, let me snoop at your desks!

Oh, now Christmas is over, I can finally share the canvases I teased back in WOYWW 183, which I made as gifts for the aforementioned lovely Bev...

 


And I couldn't tell you then 'cause I would've spoiled the surprise, but I also made some for the equally lovey Zoe too!



 
~ ttfn ~

4 comments:

  1. Hello you! So glad you managed to post. Eeek your crafty stash looks fab and I can't wait to show you new techniques etc. The canvases look fab, but they look even better in real life so thank you! I just have to re-home my print then I can put them up in my craft room. Love your Hepburn calendar, must have a nose at that! Take care lovely. Zo xx 69

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your desk looks lovely with stash abounding, sorry you were poorly for Christmas but now its a new year and we can look ahead!! Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great gifts. Enjoy. :-) April #133

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful canvases! thanks for a peek at your desk!

    Michele #128

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by the Pen Pot and leaving a comment - it's appreciated.